Friday when I picked Kastyn up, I asked my normal, "How was your day?" "Good Mom, Asher moved." I said "oh really, where did he move to?" "I think far away." "That's so sad :(" " I know". I could barely continue our converstaion, due to the tears in my eyes, and the lump in my throat.
I have only been to Kastyn's classroom a couple times, but Asher was such a cutie! He was one of the only kiddos in Kastyn's class that was taller than her, so he really stood out to me! The last time I was there, I went to eat lunch with Kastyn, and as we were waiting in line to go eat, he looked at me and said, "you know what?? You look like Kastyn!" So Sweet. When we were eating, he kept looking at Kastyn and waving and saying hi! That same day I walked to pick her up from school, and Asher was getting on the bus, he was sticking his head out saying, "hi Kastyn!!". I teased her all the way home that Asher was her boyfriend. :) She didnt' think that was very funny!
I realized Friday afternoon, that there are going to be so many friends that come and go. And that's okay. I'm sure Kastyn will make good friends, and then just have friends that pass through her life. Here in San Antonio, she will probably have a lot of friends that just pass through. With there being such a high number of military families, I am sure the school systems see a lot of kids come and go all year long. Just in the past week, she has two new students in her class. There are two kiddos in the neighborhood who she plays with here and there, who are trying to sell their house so they can move. It makes me sad to think that the little friends who she looks forward to playing with, will soon be gone too.
I hope she will be able to have a good handful of the friends who last a lifetime!! I know I still keep in contact with friends from 3rd grade and before, and I hope she too will be able to have close friends, who she will be able to keep in contact with for many many years to come!
Hannah, Isabelle, Kastyn: Forever Friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment