Kastyn is SO excited to be a Big Sister...there are just a few things that are a little blurry in her world! I'm sure there will be lots more to giggle about later, but I had to share these for now!
First...the time it takes to bake this baby before it can safely arrive. A couple weeks ago, she snuck into our room early and went to Nick's side of the bed to whisper in his ear..."Daddy, has Mommy had her Baby yet??" Nick responded with, "no...Mommy is going to have to get realllly fat before that happens!"
I guess watching A Baby Story with Kastyn isn't the best idea...last week before I went to the doctor, the conversation of how the baby would come from my bottom came up...so I tried to explain that Mommy's Baby wouldn't be coming from her bottom, but the doctor would just take the baby from my belly. Well with this answer...came more questions...so I tried explaining that he would just cut my belly and take the baby from my belly. OOPS...wrong answer...now she thinks the Dr will hurt me and cut me with scissors to take the baby out. I've tried to explain it's not going to hurt, and they will give me medicine to make me feel better.
The Hospital...She knows I have to go to the hospital and stay to have the baby, since we've been to visit friends who have had babies in the hospital. She is worried that she will miss me...so I have reassured her that she will be able to come visit me a lot and see me and the baby. To this she said, well I'll sleep there with you! I told her there wouldn't be a bed...and she continued with, that's okay, I'll take my sleeping bag, and sleep on the floor next to you. So sweet!! I'm not sure....but I don't think this will meet hospital regulations!
I am sure her little mind is just racing with all the new things that a baby brings, I am just excited that she is so excited! She is going to be a GREEEAAT Big Sister!
1 comment:
It IS ok for her to stay with you guys after you have the baby. When I had Xander, I checked with Wesley first and they were completely ok with Alison sleeping on the floor (on Kriss' side of the room) in a sleeping bag. We only did this for one night because it was really stressful and tiring for all of us. She decided that going home w/ grandpa and grandma would be much better. Thank goodness!
Post a Comment