Monday, August 31, 2009

"Hammer-Head" Kastyn

No Kastyn hasn't turned into a shark...however, my new little nickname for her is my Hammer-Head Baby.

Saturday Nick was in the mood to build...so he was busily building a shelf in the garage. I was following close behind cleaning up all the debris...well Miss K thought she could help too, which is usually a nice thing.

Unfortunately, a hammer had been left on the top of the 6ft ladder, so when K went to move the laddar....the hammer fell...right on her head. It hit about 1 inch from her hairline right in the front. My back was to her, but by the time I heard it fall, and turned around, there was already a pool of blood forming on her head, as small tears were forming in her eyes. I quickly picked her up and rushed her inside. We put her on the kitchen counter to get it cleaned off and looked at. Of course my first reaction...ER here we come!...however, after Nick calmed me down a smidge, and I looked at it again...we decided there wouldn't be much they could really do. We cleaned it up, and kept pressure to stop the bleeding. K wanted to just snuggle with me in a chair outside...so that's what we did...she also wanted to know when her Michelle and B would be home....luckily they came home within 5 minutes! After a re-evaluation fom Shell and B, and some liquid glue band-aid....we were much better!

It's been since Saturday night, and I still haven't washed K's hair yet...simply because I know it's going to be a big deal....so we have a nice pinkish/red streak through the top of her hair. Tonight will be wash night though...since school is tomorrow. I sure hope it goes smoothly!

No comments: