Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Deceptively DELICIOUS!!!

This is how our Fridge looks now:
Photobucket

These are my new best friends. They are all veggie purees!

Deceptively Delicious is how I started cooking Monday and it is SO much fun. I watched Oprah last week, and saw an interview with Jessica Seinfeld, on how she got her kiddos to eat more veggies...by using purees and such...so I looked thru the cookbook and got ideas, and I got the ball rolling!

My first try...chocolate chip cookies! Monte came by that night to pick something up, so I sent cookies with him...later that night I caught him online, and asked how the cookies were:
Me: How were the cookies?
Him: Yeah, what kind were they?
Me: Chocolate Chip
Him: uh-huh
Me: Oh and there was some oatmeal as well...
Him: Yeah
Me: Oh and some Chickpeas!
Him: Yeah, they tasted like A**!

This was pretty much what Nick said too after finding out what was really in them. Of course the whole time he is eating them he's enjoying them, and saying how he liked how they were so soft...blah blah blah, and then I told him(my mistake I know), and he hated them! So needless to say...I have a gallon sized bag of GREAT Chocolate Chip Cookies on my counter! Just what I need, since every time I walk by I eat one-or two!

The past three meals I have cooked(chicken, meatload, and scrambled eggs), I have added my purees...and I think the food is wonderful! Nick gripes the whole time he's eating wodering what's in his food now, and Kastyn actually ate an entire plate of food at dinner last night and breakfast this morning!

I wouldn't have to do this, except: Nick doesn't lead a good example. He barely touches the veggies I fix for dinner, therefore Kastyn thinks they are YUCKY too! So since Nick won't eat them in their regular form...now we get to eat the pureed form! Enjoy!

Even though I'm serving meals with the purees, I still put veggies on our plates at meal time, so Kastyn knows the importance of eating veggies. Sometimes she will...sometimes she won't! It's kinda hit and miss...but I am at least giving her the option, and having her taste one bite!

Well enough about my sneaky ways of cooking...I'm off now to fix Homemaid pizza before I go to work!! Wonder what I'll add to it this time! :)

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Some secrets should not be shared!!!

Anden keeps asking to eat vegetables but she doesn't believe me that green beans, peas, etc are veggies so I am not sure what to do!